Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Ya think?

I sent an email through the HRC website to my representatives urging them to support the Matthew Shepard Act. One of the pre-loaded representatives was Sen. Roland Burris. Here's the auto-reply I got from him in my inbox, because I'm sure allll those emails he's receiving are related to the issues, right? Maybe he could carve "auto-reply email drafter" to his accomplishments on that giant monument of his.


Thank you for taking the time to contact me. Due to the overwhelming amount of mail I receive, it is more efficient to send a message through my official web form. Please visit www.burris.senate.gov to send a message about issues that are of concern to you. If this is a scheduling request please contact: Burris_Scheduling@burris.senate.gov.

If you are not a constituent of Illinois, I urge you to contact your representative, by visiting http://www.senate.gov/
Please let me know when this has been implemented.
Thanks

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The "overwhelming" volume of mail probably consists of complaints and calls for resignation (or bribes). Something ain't right about that guy. But it's good he shows he cares.... by taking the time to set up an automated response.